Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It's CSA Season!

I'm back!  At least, I hope so.  At the end of last summer I faded away without notice; No CSA wrap up, no goodbye.  I got busy; I missed a week, then two. Essentially, I gave up.  As this year's CSA season approached, however, a number of people who followed this blog last year started contacting me asking if I was going to blog about the experience again.  And I'm happy to say that I seem to have convinced quite a few people to join a CSA for the first time.  My life is no less crazy than it was last fall - Jack is now 18 months old and quite a handful, Steven is four and busy with activities, and we are expecting baby number three in October - but I'm going to give this blog another go.  As usual, I plan to share ideas for each week's bag contents, links to recipes (I am obsessed with Pinterest and have spent the past few months discovering new recipes & blogs), and my own original recipes.  The site is currently under construction as I try to finalize a design I can live with, and I hope to include pictures with my recipes.  Disclaimer:  I am not a photographer.  I own a point and shoot camera that I rarely use and regularly rely on my iPhone to take pictures of my children at important events.

All this being said, I am a week late in getting started.  I received my first bag of the season last Wednesday (Again we chose to subscribe to the large omnivore package) and none of it went to waste.

Small bag contents:
-1 whole pasture raised chicken
-1 bulb kohlrabi
-1 bunch collard greens
-1 quart strawberries
-1 bunch Russian red kale
-1 bunch garlic scapes
-1 head green leaf lettuce 
-1 bunch radishes
-1 quarter lb bag pea tendrils

Large bag additions:
-2 bunches spinach
-1 lb shelled peas
-1 head broccoli
-1 lb sweet pea & basil pasta

Tomorrow is delivery day again, so tonight I'll be working on my meal plan and searching for recipe ideas to share with you. I know I'm receiving some of my favorite items (black beans!), so I'm excited to get started.  And, as always, feel free to share your ideas with me! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment