Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week 8 Items & Meal Plan

With my two closest friends visiting from other cities this weekend, I was fortunate to get a much needed break from all my mom duties, including cooking.  I did manage to find the time to create this week's meal plan sometime between brunch, cocktails, and shopping, however, and I wanted to make sure I updated you on this week's CSA items.

What I received:

-1 bunch multi-colored swiss chard
-1 pint maple syrup
-1 lb boneless pork chops
-1 quarter peck Lodi apples
-1.5 lbs peaches
-1 candy onion
-2 cucumbers
-1 bunch mustard greens
-1 lb dragon tongue beans
-1 pint blueberries
-1.5 lbs apricots
-1 head broccoli
-1 bunch beets
-1 bunch green onions

Meal Plan:

Sunday- Pork Chops with Apple Chutney, Sauteed Dragon Tongue Beans, Baguette Slices with Cream Cheese

Monday- Blueberry & Corn Salad, Grilled Shrimp, leftover Baguette

Tuesday- Quesadillas with Swiss Chard & Fresh Cheese, Chips & Salsa

Wednesday- Red Flannel Hash OR Salad with Chicken & Roasted Beets

Thursday- B.L.T. Sandwiches, Broccoli

Friday-  My son's "unbirthday" party. Nitrate-free Hot Dogs, Watermelon, Trail-Mix, S'mores.

Recipes to come!!! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment